Stroud Regional Medical Center is growing rapidly and we are seeking highly motivated, positive people to join our team. If you would like to be considered for a position within our company please contact us. We have listed below the openings we currently have within our hospital. Our website is updated every Friday, so please check back weekly for new positions. You can send a resume directly to the HR department by clicking the following link-Email HR Department Opportunities Currently Available
Quality & Risk Manager
Job Summary: Responsible for planning and implementing the performance improvement program to meet the needs of the hospital. Provides education to medical staff, hospital staff and Governing Body. Facilitates performance improvement activities and CQI activities throughout the hospital. Acts as resource person to administrative team, department managers and medical staff. Assists department managers with preparation for medical staff committees. Assists with preparation for all regulatory body surveys, i.e., State Licensing Review, CMS Validation surveys.
· Current RN license from the State of Oklahoma Board of Nursing.
· Minimum of three (3) years demonstrated clinical expertise to effectively facilitate evaluation of quality care
· Experience in In Patient and Out Patient documentation requirements, including state regulations and guidance regarding nursing documentation
· BSN preferred.
Note: This is a full-time position with flexibility in hours required in order to meet deadline submissions or manage a variety of facility issues requiring Quality presence.
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: Bachelor’s
Required experience: Risk Management: 2 years
Required license or certification: Oklahoma RN license
- Associates degree in science related field. MLT (ASCP) or equivalent.
Performs cleaning of all patient/resident care and public areas in the hospital. Preforms sanitizing and disinfecting work throughout the hospital, clinic in patient care areas, exam rooms, waiting rooms, restrooms, offices, and meeting rooms. Perform general cleaning tasks such as but not limited to trash/recycling/biohazard removal, dusting, wet wiping, glass cleaning, vacuuming, spotting, polishing and mopping.
Radiology Technician PRN Nights
The daily tasks of a radiology technologist require precise work and attention to detail as well as adherence to strict safety procedures. Many times, physicians will confer with technologists in the evaluation process of a patient’s images.
Radiologic technologists are required to be knowledgeable in all terminology related to radiography, anatomy, and pathology. A professional technologist will also possess strong interpersonal skills and a pleasant bedside manner, similar to other healthcare professionals including nurses and medical doctors. A large part of the radiologic tech’s job requires giving instructions to patients who may be nervous regarding radiography procedures. A well-trained technologist will be able to give straightforward instructions as well as foster a sense of comfort and confidence in patients.
Examples of tasks radiologic technologists perform include:
- Explaining procedures to patients and answering questions.
- Preparing equipment for use as needed.
- Preparing examination rooms for patient exams.
- Positioning patients for imaging exams.
- Monitoring patients during exams.
- Documenting information with computers.
- Reporting important information to the physician.
- Ensuring safety of patients during exams.
- Producing diagnostic images of soft tissues.
- Using sound waves to obtain images of organs and tissues in the body.
- Administering targeted doses of radiation to the patient’s body to treat cancer or other diseases.
- Administering trace amounts of radiopharmaceuticals to a patient to obtain functional information about organs, tissues and bone.
- Measuring bone mineral density at a specific anatomical site.
Pharmacy Technician Some of the duties include:
- Conducts a physical inventory on a routine basis as prescribed by the Pharmacist and update records accordingly. Accurately order, receive, stock merchandise and supplies from vendors, and keeping a perpetual log of borrowed/loaned items.
- Updates charge master pricing. Supports charge capturing via patient profile and Omnicell report.
- Understand and utilize the primary vendor order entry computer system. Responsible for charging drugs issued to ancillary areas when drugs are requested.
- Checks ancillary area drug stock monthly for outdates, dating of open vials, bottles, etc. and separation of oral medications, topicals and injectable
- Maintains out-date drug procedure on all pharmaceuticals utilizing color coded tags.
- Periodically check shelves, crash carts, ER, OR, CT for out of date products and return to vendor or “outdated service” for credit. Responsible for maintaining out date monitoring for items in the pharmacy (ex: utilizing color coded tags; responsible for returning outdated drugs for credit.
- Responsible for monitoring whether Automatic Stop Orders are being enforced.
- Aid pharmacist in keeping drug formulary.
CNA Days and Nights Provides morning care, which may include bed bath, shower or whirlpool, oral hygiene, combing hair, back care, dressing residents, changing bed linen, cleaning overbed table and bedside stand, straightening room and other general care as necessary throughout the day. Provides evening care which includes hands/face washing as needed, oral hygiene, back rubs, peri-care, freshening linen, cleaning overbed tables, straightening room and other general care as needed. Provides general nursing care, such as positioning residents, lifting and turning residents, applying/utilizing special equipment, assisting in use of bedpan or commode and ambulating the residents.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Current Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification in State of Oklahoma for Long Term Care Facilities.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support certification within three (3) months of hire date.
Clinical Coordinator RN- PRN The Clinical Coordinator is responsible for promoting and maintaining quality patient care through effective management of the activities of the total patient care services during his/her assigned shift. Need to be able to be the leader and give direction during their shift. In the absence of the Administrator and/or designee, the Clinical Coordinator has the authority and responsibility for administrative decisions and appropriate notification of the Administrator-on-Call.
Surgery Scrub Tech Full-Time The Surgical Scrub Tech is responsible for ensures operating suite is adequately prepared for procedure. Handles and cares for all surgical instrumentation in accordance with departmental and manufacturer’s recommended guidelines. Ensure aseptic technique is followed during all sterile procedures. Participates in departmental staff meetings and performance improvement activities. Licensure, Registration and/or Certification: Completion of a Surgical Technology course with current certification BLS required within 30 days of hire Required Work Experience: 2 year previous surgical experience preferred. Ability to communicate.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Days and Nights Provides direct and indirect patient care services that meet the psychosocial, physical and general aspects of care; meets the communication needs of patient and family; provides care that reflects initiative and responsibility indicative of professional expectations, under the supervision of a registered nurse. Communicates with physicians and team members about changes in patient’s clinical condition, including results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment.
Respiratory Therapist Full Time PRN Nights Provides respiratory therapeutics and cardiopulmonary diagnostics to all age groups according to established guidelines, policies and procedures. Utilizes assessment, intervention, and evaluation to plan appropriate age specific care to inpatients and outpatients. Participates with other healthcare providers to ensure the plan of care is interdisciplinary and the patients, family members, and staff are educated appropriately. Qualifications:
- Associates in Respiratory Care
- Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) or Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
- Valid CPR Certification
- Oklahoma Licensure
Emergency Department RN Full Time Nights Provides direct and indirect patient care in the post-acute care setting. Communicates with Physicians/Nurse Manager/co-workers, as appropriate about changes in patient’s clinical condition including results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Additionally, is able to perform general nursing duties in all departments with adequate supervision. Regulatory Requirements :
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current Oklahoma RN license
- Current BCLS certification
- Current ACLS certification
- Current PALS certification
- Registered Nurse (RN): 2 year
Physical Therapist The Physical Therapist evaluates treatments and re-assessments of various patient types and diagnoses, participation in education for patients, families, staff and community, and the supervision of support personnel within the department.Other responsibilities include participation in the hospital’s quality improvement program. Patient population may range from pediatric to geriatric in age and includes orthopedic, neurological, medical, sport. Our focus is on top quality patient care and customer service. Position is primarily inpatient working with our swingbed program.
Occupational Therapist Performs evaluations and develops effective patient treatment plans to restore, maintain or prevent decline of patient function. Plans and administers medically prescribed therapy treatments in accordance with federal, state, and professional standards. Works with patients to regain the ability to perform all types of activities in a skilled nursing environment. Maintains records of the occupational therapy program and prepares periodic reports as required.
Speech Therapist The Speech Therapist organizes a program that addresses local critical access hospital goals of providing speech-language services with patients. Coordinates speech-language services with patients, family, and hospital staff. Provides speech-language therapy for patients based upon the assessment, using evidence-based methods and techniques appropriate to objectives. Maintains records of the speech-language program and prepares periodic reports as required.
Monitor Technician The Monitor Technician functions under the direction of the professional nurse. The monitor technician is responsible for cardiac monitor observation and reporting of cardiac rhythm changes to the nursing staff for further investigation when indicated. The Monitor technician will demonstrate knowledge appropriate to the age of the patients served. Demonstration of knowledge will include principles of growth and development and interpretation of information and data to identify the patient’s age-specific needs. Experience: EMT and/or equivalent acute care, clinical experience preferred. Complete a basic dysrhythmia course, successful completion of this course is required.
ACTIVITIES COORDINATOR The Activities Coordinator oversees the activity department and recreational and therapeutic recreation programs for inpatients. Assesses patients’ needs and strategically develops a program to meet those needs, working with other departments as needed to provide an optimum patient experience.
- Performs activity assessment and social history assessment upon new patient arrival.
- Plans, develops, and administers ongoing activities programs from information obtained with approval for plan from physician. These include both group and individual social activities, outings, spiritual programs, and creative, artistic activities.
- Activity plans implemented on a routine basis can include, but are not limited to:
- Daily orientation/re-orientation via calendars, date and time posts, verbal reminders, etc.
- Providing games, music, books, etc.
- Working on games, projects, etc. with patients.
- Hair care, grooming.
- Organizing group activities
- Participates in daily or weekly management team meetings to discuss patient status, census changes, personnel, or patient complaints or concerns.
- Proactively develops positive employee relations by promoting teamwork, mutual respect, and effective communication.
- Participates in rounds to observe patient care and to interview staff, patients, families or other interested parties.
- Interacts courteously with patients, family members, employees, visitors, vendors, business associates, and representatives of government agencies.
- Provides direct patient care when needed to fulfill the facility’s directive of providing the highest quality of care to its patients.
- Involved in patient transportation. While providing patient transportation, patient services coordinator will provide patient care within scope of practice.
- Chaperones and supervises patients when away from facility.
- Participates in marketing calls for potential swing bed opportunities.
- Certificate of activities and social services director training required
- Two (2) or more years of previous experience
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
Complete employment application or contact Human Resources at (918) 968-3571, ext 234 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Summary: Directs activities of Nutritional Services Department providing quantity food service and nutritional care for the patient population, visitors, guests and hospital staff. Purchases and keeps adequate supply of food and oversees storage of supplies. Prepares work schedule, monthly department charges and cafeteria revenue sheets. Establishes policies and procedures, and provides administrative direction of menu formulation, food preparation and service, purchasing, sanitation standards, safety practices and staff utilization.
- High School Graduate or Equivalent
- Registered Dietetic Technician or Certified Dietary Manager preferred.
- Previous Hospital and food service experience required
- Previous Supervisory experience
Essential Functions include but not limited to:
- Determines quality and quantity of food required, plans and prepares master menus, supervises the planning of menus for therapeutic diets and controls food costs.
- Supervises food production and service programs as well as departmental staff involved.
- Ensures food preparation for optimal nutrition and economic handling of food, as well as efficient usage of time.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety
- Prepares departmental budget on an annual basis
- Develops and prepares policies and procedures governing handling and storage of supplies, equipment, sanitation and record keeping.
- Maintains and ensures patient confidentiality at all times
- Confers with other departments, such as the medal staff and nursing, regarding the technical and administrative aspects of dietetic service.
- Plans menus, purchases food and assigns duties for special functions, such as medical staff meetings, board meetings, recognition dinners and other related hospital functions.
- Reviews department performance and institutes changes in techniques or procedures to improve services and promotes more efficient operation of the Nutritional Services Department.
- Frequent standing, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling.
- Must be able to operate machinery, hand and power tools.
- Must be able to lift up to and occasionally over 50 pounds.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duties satisfactorily. the requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Such accommodations must be requested by the employee/applicant to be considered.
Complete employment application or contact Human Resources at (918) 968-3571, ext 234 or email email@example.com